Distinctivos™ are original, alternative cocktails, not knock-offs or mock-tails. Rarefied flavors and intriguing ingredients.
Nick and Jackie
We like a good cocktail but we don’t always need a drink. Sometimes we’re driving, sometimes another is too many, sometimes we’re just not feelin’ it. And there shouldn’t be a question of “why” you’re not drinking – that just shouldn’t matter.
Options like tonic or club soda with lime are boring, soft drinks are unhealthy and too sweet, teas and coffees have their own time and place, and mocktails are complicated and, often, just plain disappointing.
We felt that it should always be an easy and enjoyable option to have a non-alcoholic beverage at your favorite bar or restaurant… or even your favorite home! So…
We cooked, squeezed, distilled. We steeped, mashed, and infused.
We combined, sampled, contemplated. We shared, solicited, improved.
Then, we were complimented, applauded, appreciated, and encouraged.
People loved them. We know you’ll love them too.
We now have formulations complete, ingredients sourced, a bottler ready to press “start,” and our labels waiting to get stuck. We’re ready to make our zero-proof cocktails in a small batch production run and get our cocktails into your hands.
We meet and make friends in bars and restaurants, and we want a interesting and healthy option when we are:
- the designated driver
- pacing ourselves between drinks
- maintaining sobriety
- pregnant or nursing
- taking a break from alcohol
We call our drinks Distinctivos™. Distinctivos are original, alternative cocktails, not knock-offs or mock-tails. Like traditional cocktails, Distinctivos are slow drinks. They evolve on the palate and reveal themselves incrementally. Distinctivos are elevated drinks that evoke relaxation and conversation.
Our inspiration comes from flavor-rich and botanically complex spirits like Amari, Kräuterlikör, and gin, as well as the underlying intricacy and nuance of wine and beer.
In addition to flavor, we pay particular attention to texture, aroma, and color without adding anything unnecessary or artificial. Made with natural and organic ingredients, our products have all the advantages of being good for you and the added health benefit of being alcohol-free.
Our first three Distinctivos include the bittersweet, herbaceous, and lightly floral Absence; the bold, rich, spicy, and fruity Mazy; and the tart, fragrant, and effervescent Redessence. They are all meant to be experienced slowly and savored. They are designed as cocktails so you won’t miss the alcohol.
Isn’t Distinctivos are excellent mixers for alcoholic cocktails, as well.
herbaceous – slightly bitter – hoppy – citrusy – piney
Absent only alcohol, this distillation of a dozen herbs and spices, including angelica root, bergamot, and wormwood, mixes light bitterness with citrus and is balanced with a hint of white grape sweetness. This sophisticated, non-alcoholic, and low-calorie cocktail can be enjoyed straight up or with a splash of soda or tonic. We recommend it shaken over ice and strained – that’s how 007 would do it.
A CBD-infused version of Absence is in development to be available in certain markets. Beverages with CBD are restricted from Kickstarter. Information about availability will be coming soon on our new website.
complex fruit – paired tannins – spice dashed – herbal finished
Unfolding at every turn, rich tree and stone fruits cross paths with dry tannins. A hint of peppery complexity joins sweetness at the finish. Created as a red wine lover’s alternative, this drink develops similarly on the tongue, yet you’ll never miss the alcohol.
rhubarb tart – citrus bright – floral – gingered
A lively color and bouquet as beautiful as the flowers used to create it. Roses, lavender, hibiscus, and elderflowers join ginger and spice to unfold in brilliant arrangement. Redessence pairs exceptionally well with a burger and fries or a fat pork chop and mash.
- The Docent: Donate $10 and we will raise a glass of Isn’t and toast your good name.
- All Backers at $25 and over will receive a four-pack of your choice.
- At the $35 level, iOpeners will receive their 4-pack of choice and this Isn’t Distinctivos church key so you can open your cocktails and enjoy.
- The Promoter: For $45, you will get a four-pack and this Isn’t t-shirt to tell everyone that you’re “somewhere between is and not.”
- Be a Hero for $70 and receive one four-pack of each Isn’t Distinctivo: Absence, Mazy and Redessence. (Yes, that’s three 4-packs for $70!)
- Become a Founding Funder for $100 and your name will be toasted with great vigor, and you’ll get a four-pack of your choice. Wait! Isn’t this the same reward as the $25 Backer? The difference is your generosity.
- Back us as a Founding Funder with Swag for $150 and get a high-spirited toast as well as a four-pack, church key, and t-shirt.
- As an Isn’t Influencer, the biggest perk is hanging out with the Isn’t Team on a visit to our beverage lab in Indiana. You’ll also get to influence the flavor profile of our next product. And all the swag and all the toasting!
We are launching our campaign in Sober October and we will have your cocktails to you by Dry January!
Cost Per Bottle – Small Batch
- Ingredients: : $0.67
- Product packaging: $0.97
- Co-packer fees: $0.75
- Logistics: $0.56
- Shipping rewards to Backers: $1.63
- Kickstarter fees: $0.11
- Credit card processing fees: $0.11
- Total cost: $4.80
Investor opportunities are available. Please contact us with any serious inquiries at email@example.com.
Trademarked IP: Isn’t, Distinctivos, Redessence, Mazy, Absence