June 2021: Ampere unveils a brand new pair of electrochromic smart sunglasses.
Sunglasses have become necessary, meaning there is a whole range of fancy and unique sunglasses to suit one’s lifestyle and needs. Thanks to technology, brands have now introduced smart sunglasses. These sunglasses, also wearable computer glasses, change their opticals in real-time. They can retrieve data for you from other digital gadgets, like computers and smartphones.
Ampere, a tech product company, is launching a new product in their accessory line, Dusk. This is a pair of smart electrochromic sunglasses crowdfunding on Indiegogo.
Dusk Sunglasses Features
The smart glasses come loaded with lots of digital features, including:
- Electrochromic lenses. These allow you to instantly choose the tint level you wish to have compared to regular sunglasses that use photochromic lenses that adjust tint levels by reacting to light. The control button for the tint level is on the frame and pretty easy to access, and comes preset with 3 tint levels.
- Effortless app control – available on App Store and Google Play
- Polarized lens – are clearer and sharper for better visibility.
- Built-in speakers on each side of the frame for listening to your favorite podcasts, playlists, and audiobooks
- Built-in microphone that allows you to take calls
- Built-in tracker – the app has an alarm whose sounds go off whenever the sunglasses are near.
- IP65 – water and dustproof. You can wear them by or in the pool.
- Lightweight – weighs only 26g
- Long-running battery
- Has Bluetooth 5.0
Ampere offers two types of Duck sunglasses, Dusk and Dusk Lite. While Dusk provides all the above features, Dusk Lite only lacks the microphone, audio, and voice assistance. However, you can use your headphones with Dusk Lite.
Should you back the project? Well, if you decide to, the Super Early Bird price for Dusk is $249.00, 38% off the retail price of 399.00. Dusk Lite has a Super Early Bird price of $179.00, a 33% off the retail price of $269.00.
The package accessories include a recharging case with an AirTag holder and a sidekick tech sling bag. The case is wireless charging with a long-running battery that can charge your Dusk sunglasses up to 10 times. The tech sling bag is waterproofed with organization pockets inside.
Are there other options in the market? Yes. For instance, Bose Frames and Amazon Echo Frames are readily available in the market and offer all the digital tech you could hope for from smart sunglasses.
However, if you are willing to back the crowdfunding project, shipping is expected in August 2021. There are a few days left until the end of the campaign, but you can still get the sunglasses at a lower price than the retail price.
About the team
Ampere is a tech company that designs and produces tech gadgets. The company has several products in the market, ranging from charging devices to bags, cases, water bottles, and sound systems. Ampere has crowded previously with some of its products, and Dusk is the latest product in its crowdfunding campaign.