SlimFold has launched a new minimalist bag, one that acts as a sling and a messenger bag. With electronic gadgets getting smaller with every new model and backpacks remaining the same big and bulky sizes, SlimFold took the opportunity to occupy the market with a more minimalist sling bag.
The result of that endeavor is the Sling Pack bag, which is currently crowdfunding on Kickstarter. The Sling Pack minimalist bag offers several features that most backpacks don’t meet, including:
- Weatherproofing – the material is weatherproofed to protect your contents during the rainy season or accidental water splashes.
- Abrasion-resistant material for durability.
- A stable base allows the bag to stand on surfaces on its own.
- It’s lightweight, weighing only 1.5lbs and 1lbs with and without the front pad.
- Hi-vis and colorful interior make it easier to find items inside the bag.
- It has a Hypalon base and a padded for protecting sensitive items.
- There is a recessed pocket for safer storage of valuables with easy access.
- It features removable clips on the strap attachments to allow the reversal of wearing direction on either hand.
- It has a cord pass-through design for charging electronics while they are still packed in the bag.
- Big enough to fit a sketchbook, magic keyboard, iPad Air 11″ or iPad Pro, plus multiple elasticized pockets.
Sling Pack bags comes in two colors, black, and charcoal colorway. However, both colors have the same interior color, a colorful orange pop.
The super early bird price of $139.00, early bird price of $149.00, and Kickstarter special price of $159.00 per bag are still available as of press time.
Pros and Cons of Sling Pack
This is an ideal backpack for a minimalist, especially if you have small-sized gadgets and are trying to avoid carrying a heavy backpack on your back. Another advantage is the weatherproofing, which makes it an ideal bag for rainy weather conditions, or any spillages. With the recessed and elastic pockets, storing your valuables safe is not that hard.
However, there are only two color choices available, both with similar interior colors. Another problem is probably its size. Although it’s quite lightweight, it’s not the best bag to use for heavy or big-sized gadgets. It might also not be big enough to carry multiple devices. Additionally, the bag is highly-priced, considering Amazon has several choices going for less than $50 and is still waterproofed. Also, with deliveries slotted for April to June 2021, you will be waiting for a while.
About The Team
SlimFold was founded in 2009 by Dave Zuverink when he introduced an ultra-slim wallet made using Tyvek material. Since then, the company has run four successful crowdfunding campaigns.