Daughter is putting down roots in Crown Heights, fall of 2020, but we need your help getting her doors open!
Daughter is putting down roots in Crown Heights, fall of 2020, but we need your help getting her doors open! We need to raise $50,000, to fully build
Daughter is a community space focused on a family table concept, a constant dialogue. We are a cafe and wine bar where social cause and community involvement are the top priority. In our neighborhood of Crown Heights, we aim to serve and support the people around us & be good neighbors.
A café that prioritizes community investment while practicing radical food sustainability and internal transparency.
- Community and sustainability are the foundation of Daughter. Daughter seeks to create a model of hospitality that echoes the art of giving.
- Daughter plans to share 10% of monthly profits to causes that we are passionate about such as Ancient Song Doula Services, The Water Project, In It Together, and similar initiatives.
- Daughter will launch a project, still being designed, to share free meals each day between 4-5 pm to individuals in need. We call this project the Family Meal.
- At Daughter we believe giving is not as hard as it is often projected to be. If giving is integrated into daily operations, it becomes seamless and is the truest form of community.
- In the coming months, we plan to spend time in Crown Heights, introducing ourselves to the community. We will form relationships with the neighboring people and small businesses before opening by hosting a town hall. This will give us a chance to serve some of our products and provide a platform for the community’s desires to be heard.
- We will educate ourselves on what it means to invest and learn more about the social causes we pledge to work with.
- We will build bonds with local community farms and figure out how to rotate their produce into our seasonal menu and build a future CSA pickup program.
- We will develop a relationship with our coffee partner Sey, refining our package free program and building future zero waste initiatives
AS A NOD TO CROWN HEIGHTS STOOP CULTURE AND CIRCULAR ECONOMY, ADAM HOPES TO GIVE SOMETHING BACK TO THE CITY THAT RAISED HIM. DAUGHTER WILL CULTIVATE COMMUNITY AND SET OUT TO CHANGE SUSTAINABILITY PRACTICES IN NEW YORK CITY—ADAM’S BIRTHPLACE.
- Inspired by the community that the traditional crown heights stoop enables, Daughter, recreates this familiar stair step seating arrangement to foster community, comfort, and conversation. Additional cafe seating is provided in auxiliary areas to provide multiple and accessible experiences.
- Daughter will offer seasonal produce-forward dishes along with our specialty coffee and pastries, all baked in-house to reduce waste. Our evening menu will include wine and locally sourced small plates.