The BASE FD.1 is a mid-sized flieger timepiece inspired by one of the greatest aeronautical engineering feats, the SR-71.
- Stainless steel with black PVD coating (matte finish)
- Case Diameter – 40mm (not including crown guards)
- Lug-to-Lug – 48mm
- Lug Width – 20mm (w/ drilled lugs)
- Thickness – 11.4mm
- Water Resistance Rating – 100m
- Stainless steel caseback
- Custom crown with BASE “B” logo
- Flat sapphire (w/ red AR coating on the underside)
- NH35 movement w/ 6 o’clock date window (black)
- Two piece dial construction with a matte black upper dial and a sunburst lower dial with circumferential ridges.
- Extended 6 o’clock date window
- Painted indices featuring bi-colored lume (BGW9)
The BASE FD.1 is a mid-sized pilot timepiece inspired by the incredible SR-71 strategic reconnaissance aircraft. A black project developed during the early 1960s, it has gone on to set aviation records that are still held to this day. We set out to create a timepiece that takes inspiration from the SR-71 in its design language. The sleek curves, instrument style layered dial, black PVD and matte metal finishes all paying tribute to the “Blackbird”.
- “REDACTED” (included) – black leather with custom stitching, quick release spring bars, and black buckle with logo.
- “RECON” – brown leather with custom stitching, quick release spring bars, and black buckle with logo.
- “BLACKBIRD” – premium black nylon NATO style strap with black buckle and keepers. “B” logo on the buckle and “BASE” logo on the keeper.
- “HABU” – premium tan nylon NATO style strap with black buckle and keepers. “B” logo on the buckle and “BASE” logo on the keeper.
- “HARNESS” – black “Marine Nationale” style strap with a black buckle and laser etched “BASE” logo.
It’s the starting point. A building block of engineering, a starting monomer for manufacturing, a military point of operations, or, a foundation to build on.
For us, BASE signifies the start of our brand and the beginning of our timepiece catalog.
We wish to seek out truly inspirational and groundbreaking engineering achievements throughout history, and use those as the BASE upon which we design our timepieces.
We are a microbrand that incorporates engineering marvels as the base of our designs. For our first timepiece, we used the SR-71 as the base for the FD.1.
We believe our backgrounds in engineering and design, fueled by our passion for incredible moments in history, will lead to truly unique and one-of-a-kind timepieces for any collections.
- Cardboard box (w/ BASE logo) with one timepiece slot and one extra strap slot.
- “Classified” instruction manual/photo book
If you are backing from outside US, you will have to pay your country’s duty taxes/VAT.