A new classic.
To preorder the Arcadia Harmony Back and help bringing the deck to life, simply click Back This Project. Not convinced yet? Then read on!
A new classic | I’m proud to introduce to you the fourth Arcadia project here on Kickstarter, the Harmony Back! This is a deck of premium playing cards specially designed for magicians. The goal with this project was to create a reasonable, custom and beautiful deck, but at the same time design a tool that would provide card magicians with a wide array of mind blowing routines.
- Printed on premium, crushed card stock by USPCC.
- Comes in two different vintage shades of green and red.
- The red deck is equipped with a subtle, yet effective marking system – the green deck is unmarked.
- Reasonably priced! When ordering a brick, you’ll only pay around $8.5 per deck.
- Court cards are based on antique late 1800’s Bancks Brothers decks – redrawn for today’s standards.
- Fulfilled by Gambler’s Warehouse in the US.
The back design
An Harmonic Back Design | This deck features a vintage inspired back design depicting a mirrored lyre, a string instrument from the antique Greece which is also the logo of the Arcadia brand. Floral ornaments are spread all over the design giving it a classic, vintage look. The goal was to create a beautiful, custom design which also seems unsuspicious to the audience, making them great for card magic.
A magicians secret weapon
Created with the magician in mind | Three things were essential when creating a deck specially for magicians:
- The deck needs to seem innocent. You don’t want a spectator’s instant reaction to be; “This has to be a trick deck!“. To prevent this the overall design of the Harmony Back is classic with simple, yet beautiful ornaments like flowers and leaves. The court cards are redrawn faces based on antique late 1800’s Bancks Brothers decks, making them unique but at the same time familiar for the audience.
- The cards have to feel great. Therefore, the deck will be printed by legendary United States Playing Card Company on their famous Bee card stock. The deck will also be crushed thinner for better handling.
- The deck has to be reasonably priced. You don’t want be worried about the deck being worn out. The Harmony Backs are meant to be used – a lot! If you preorder an early bird brick through this campaign, you’ll pay less than $8.5 per deck, which is pretty cheap for a custom Kickstarter deck!
The Marking System
Instantly read the chosen card | The red Harmony Back deck is equipped with a powerful marking system on the card backs. These markings are in the tuning pegs of the lyre and are basically impossible to detect unless you know they’re there. It takes a bit of practice to master, but once you do, you’ll instantly be able to read any card chosen by spectators. The marking will be explained to all backers in a project update.
Why you should back this project
1) You’ll take part in shaping a whole brand of playing cards. The more we’ll be able to raise through Kickstarter projects, the more awesome playing cards concepts will be produced under the Arcadia brand.
2) Save money. Get decks at a discounted Kickstarter price. Retail price of one deck is $12.
3) Get them first. By backing this project you’ll receive the decks before anyone else.
How to order your decks
Never used Kickstarter before? Not a problem! The popularity of backing playing card projects on this platform only seems to increase and we’re happy to have you onboard.
To back this project is super simple, just follow these steps:
- Choose the reward level you prefer (these are the banners on the top right of this page).
- Fill in your information on the subsequent page.
- After the campaign you will be sent an email where you will be able to go through your order, add more items if you would like that and fill in your shipping information and chose the color combinations of your decks.
You will be charged in the week following the end of this project (middle of January)
If you want to, you can add extra awesome items to your pledge.
How to order an add-on:
1) Chose a reward level that suits you and make a pledge.
2) Follow the list below and go to “Manage your pledge“. Here, add the extra costs of your preferred add-on item/items. Note that there’s a different between US and Int’l backers.
3) You’ll be able to choose the color variations after the campaign in Pledgebox.
This project will be fulfilled by Gambler’s Warehouse, our trusted fulfillment partners. They ship the packages safely and the decks will arrive in perfect condition. Our last project experienced a few delays due to the virus. However, this project will hopefully be delivered on schedule. We are dealing with just one manufacturer this time, USPCC, which also decrease the chances of delays.
Note that rewards of 12 decks or more have free shipping for US backers!
PledgeBox will be used with this project. PledgeBox is similar to Backerkit and basically works as a webshop for the Kickstarter campaign. Here, you’ll be able to add more items, choose the color of your decks and provide shipping information.
- At 125% – EU friendly fulfillment
- At 150% – A gaff deck will be available
- At 200% – A custom brick box will come with all brick orders