Water Birdie is a 100% water soluble and fully biodegradable golf ball.
Water Birdie – 100% Biodegradable Golf Ball
Introducing a world first:
Water Birdie is 100% water soluble and fully biodegradable, making it perfect for driving and hitting your golf ball into marine environments, where it will break down in 24 – 48 hours.
Water Birdie will expand your golfing repertoire, and can be used on yachts, cruise ships, beaches, jetties, hotels, resorts, lakes, and rivers.
Water Birdie makes the ocean, the sea, rivers, lakes and ponds perfect driving ranges.
It creates no pollution and allows golfers the freedom to practice and enjoy golfing sustainably.
Specifically made for:
- Jetties & Wharfs
Eco Friendly – What’s in it:
- Water Birdie is manufactured using non-contaminating materials, and is certified as a biodegradable and non-toxic product.
- It contains food for fish (corn starch) in its core, making it perfect for driving and hitting your golf ball into marine environments.
- Once the Water Birdie has been hit into the water, its external layer biodegrades in less 24-48 hours, releasing the fish food contained in its core into the surrounding water.
Eco Friendly – The Process:
- Thanks to its innovative formulation, it starts to biodegrade immediately on being submerged in water. In less than 24 hours, its external coating starts to open, and in 24 to 48 hours the internal core, comprised of 100% fish food, is released into the water, where it can be eaten by fish.
Traditional Golf Balls
- At their core, traditional a golf balls are made from rubber. It is then covered with either plastic, a thermoplastic resin called Surlyn, or urethane, which is an artificial crystalline compound that’s also used in pesticides. Ultimately, the golf ball’s design will vary.
- When golf balls are hit into the ocean, they immediately sink to the bottom. As the balls degrade and fragment at sea, they may leach chemicals and microplastics into the water or sediments.
- Scientists have found that golf balls release a high quantity of heavy metals during decomposition, including dangerous levels of zinc found in solid core balls. When submerged in water, the zinc attaches to the ground sediment and contaminates the surrounding flora and fauna.
And then, there’s Water Birdie
- The distances that can be achieved with Water Birdie when using them for practice are comparable to the results obtained with traditional golf balls. The variation comes in to play depending on the type of club used.
- In the case of short irons, the distance is exactly the same, while long irons may achieve up to 80% of the usual distance, and woods up to 70% of the usual distance.
- In any case, the purpose of Water Birdie is not so much to obtain the maximum distance as to have the opportunity to practice freely.
- Water Birdie has overcomes each of these problems and takes the golfing experience to a new level.
- Our team of designers, manufacturers & product experts, and environmental scientists have spent more than three years developing the technologies in Water Birdie.
- We are dedicated to designing, producing and marketing new and innovative products with ecological and biodegradable features.
- Our mission is to enable people to golf freely, expand their thinking when it comes to playing the game, and protect our aquatic environments.